RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobbico FlyZone Cessna 182 Skylane EP RTF
Old 01-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Ripcurl869

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobbico FlyZone Cessna 182 Skylane EP RTF

I am really interested in this model. I am a rank beginner and have been flying the Hobbizone Supercub which is tremendous fun and handles well, but lacks ailerons. The Flyzone Cessna interests me as a second plane primarily because it has flaps (and ailerons, of course) which will allow me to control my airspeed (kind of like having a regulator on an engine). I fly alone and have yet to fly at my local field as I haven't yet hooked up with an instructor (which I am planning on doing for my Alpha 60 Nitro). I figure once I get used to the Cub and soon the Cessna (if the reviews work out well), then I'll be more inclined, and ready, for Nitro instruction. I know this is bass ackwards to a degree, but it tends to be how I learn things. I crashed my Supercub badly once and have since been flying her with successful landings. FS One has been a great help (although I hate how you lose orientation when you are up high as there is no periphery in the program).

I would love to hear some feedback about the Cessna and how she will really be for a novice flyer. A friend told me to pick up the T-28 Trojan as a second plane but the speed frightens me for now. I read an article (here?) on adding flaps to the T-28, but I think the Trojan is just too much plane for me at this stage.

Thanks for the review here - I am looking forward to more.

J