RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Snowmobile Polaris Fusion 900 Build Thread
Old 01-06-2009, 06:25 PM
ridgewalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Snowmobile Polaris Fusion 900 Build Thread

I built up a new camber mount and top brace.I also added some cross bracing to the track pulley to grip the inside of the track and help prevent slipping
I tried to save it in a roll and i caught the ski and it dug in and put a lot of stress on the camber mount on the body.I had it backed with alum angle(my former servo mount also)but it was only reinforced on one side,the inside.So it pushed throught he body.I made up a new mount and bolted it to the front alum plate where the arms also mount to.The suspension cycles nice and smooth and roll's left and right nicely.
The belly also cracked due to the motor compartment flexing against the tunnel.So i built a top brace that mounts from the top of the tunnel to the shock brace.Now it is very stiff with no flex to worry about.
RC-SnowmobilerI am useing an e-maxx esc and an e-maxx motor(24t) and i'm running 14.4v.I needed more tourqe and an e-maxx motor filled thet need then i neede more speed and a second 6 cell batery pack filled that need then i needed an esc so there came the e-maxx one.I tried useing the xl-5 with a 15t and the titan 12t,but with the pinion selection i had on hand (18t,17t,16t)i was having over heating problems and not getting the speed or runtime i was happy with.This set up gives me plenty of speed and about 20 min runtime.
You can't use the stock steering motor you must use a hobby servo with 3 wires to be able to plug into your rx.
The front suspension needs to be rebuilt.The arms do not keep the ski parelell with the ground under compression and the steering links will bind with a new servo.It will be worth the time to do if you want it to work right.To get this sled to the point it is ready to go as long as your batery is charged takes a lot of work,trial and error.In the end you will have a really cool rc sled,but don't beat on it the plastic will break.Your basic roll's and tumbles will be ok.But when you get it running fast, because it never seems fast enough you will see it was not ment to survive crashes well.I did crack it up but not bad.But now i am at the point where i really want to drive it a bit harder and faster.So i am faced with building my own snomobile and useing the stock hood and seat.I have the material to build it on hand but it's the track.If the track rips or some how becomes unuseable then i will have a nice custom sled with no track,a very frustrating situation i can imagine.So i'm on the hunt for a good track.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61168.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1105034   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25583.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1105035   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af88193.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	63.9 KB