RCU Forums - View Single Post - Guillow's #303 Piper Super Cub 95 Build
Old 01-07-2009, 11:55 PM
slim_pkns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Guillow's #303 Piper Super Cub 95 Build

Yes it is...

So here it is, near complete. The suggestion to glue the reinforcing wire with the Titebond white glue and cover it with some tissue and dope worked out great!

I struggled a bit with getting the metal wire landing gear to attach to the metal wire landing strut reinforcement I added. I ended up having to use a little epoxy to get the strength necessary to for taxiing and I assume landing (haven't flown it yet). I did a bit of taxiing last night at the indoor fly-in and haven't found a way to add a suitable tailwheel yet. Every time I taxied around I tore off the tail wheel assembly. I'm thinking of just going with a skid even though it won't be scale. I'd like to keep it as scale looking as possible but I just can't seem to find a suitable way to work it out.

I've found I have to add about 7 grams (1/4 oz.) to the nose to balance it. The only things left before maiden is to figure out a better tailwheel or skid assembly, velcro/secure the battery, glue the windshield on, balance it and make sure it tracks as straight as possible so I don't head to the wall on take-off.

WOOHOO!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39401.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1106093