RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX7 TX Charge/Discharge
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 09:30 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DX7 TX Charge/Discharge

I bought my first RC radio on 1978 - a Futaba 6ch. I have used Wall Worts for years, as well. When more sophisticated chargers became available, I started using them, as well. I have read Red Shofield's articles and threads and conversed with him on occasion. I switched from NiCads to NiMh and I have had good luck with most NiMh Rx batteries, but for some reason, NiMh Tx batteries have given me nothing but trouble. I have followed the Mfg's instructions to Cycle new NiMh batteries, three times, before Initial use, which is supposed to affect the chemistry in the battery and ensure better performance, but that did not seem to work for my batteries. I have purchased NiMh batteries from JR. SR, NoBS, Batteries America, etc., but NiMh Tx batteries still give me fits.

I have switched entirely to Litlhium Rx batteries and Lithium Tx batteries. They do not Discharge, significantly, when not in use, and they charge in an hour or so. I can even charge them in between flights and fly indefinitely.

NiMh batteries would always Discharge too much from day to day and False Peak my charger when I tried to charge above 500mah. My Rx batteries were usually 1500mah-2000mah and my Tx batteries were 2500mah. I have Triton and Triton II chargers, now, as well as AstroFlight 109 and Cellpro 4S, for Lithium.