RCU Forums - View Single Post - Name that Plane!
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Joe Counter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Name that Plane!

Can anyone out there identify this aircraft? I purchased it from DC May who cannot remember the make or kit manufacturer. Based on the servos (JR NES-L4001 & NES-L501, HiTec HS-500) I assume it is around 20 years old. It has a 100 inch wingspan, half span ailerons and half span flaps. The formers have ink-stamped oriental characters so I know it's a kit. The wing splits into two-pieces and has two struts per side. The struts are in a "V" and terminate at one attach point per side. Folding jury struts allow the main struts to collapse against the wings for compact storage. The landing gear used to be wire but DC upgraded it to curved aluminum, probably from an Extra. The complete airplane RTF weighs just under 17 lbs with the Enya 120R.

After much cleanup, painting, repair, servo replacement, and 4 new engine bearings, it flys GREAT, even with a far-aft CG due to the too-light engine. Into an 8-knot wind, with flaps down, it takes off in about 6 feet and can climb, indefinitely, at a 45-degree angle. What a hoot to fly! No luck identifying it after some internet research and asking around to the "old-timers" I know.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49710.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1106275   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76034.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	1106276   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx61443.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	46.4 KB