RCU Forums - View Single Post - My Project (60+ mph T-maxx) *Car Done*
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 11:16 AM
f0rb3s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My new project

ORIGINAL: donkeymaxx

Well i got some parts in today including the engine. I did run into my first issue though. This is for all the people thinking about doing a big block on a small block car.

I ordered the revo spec slipper so i can run smaller spur gears, however traxxas spur gears are 0.8mm pitch. Big block clutch bells are 1.0mm pitch. Traxxas does make 1.0mm spur for a revo but the biggest they go are 40t. I know what you all are thinking "Why not run the stock clutch bell?" Well big block crank shafts are longer and the flywheel nuts are smaller. So here are my options.

1. Run a big block clutch bell setup and be stuck with a 40t spur gear. I want to run a 20t clutch bell, which i think i will burn the clutch up if i try to run a 20/40 gear set up.

2. Use the traxxas big block flywheel nut and clutch bell spacer. My 2 peg clutch my not hold up and the spacer looks cheesy.

Here are some pics....

dont worry about gears...
ask scotty i have made some gears, and they work great... just takes a lil time creativity
i had a 45 cb meshed with 52 spur... at one time... wasnr worth a crap for ratios.... but it can be done and it aint that big of a deal