RCU Forums - View Single Post - Page Aviation Kits
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 11:20 AM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Page Aviation Kits

Well I am not going to go as far to say everything out of Asia is not built good. I have seen some very nice ARF's come out of Asia. They are starting to make some very good engines as well. I don't know the percentage made in Asia, but I do know the percentage of ARFs made here is next to none. There are some real clunkers made as well, but my overall gripe is just that WE SHOULD NOT BE SUPRISED WHEN SOME LITTLE GUY LIKE ADRIAN CAN'T COMPETE. We buy from those who don't play by fair rules. Why should we and other fair labor countries like the U.S and including my Australian buddy a couple post above have the rights to make the rules? BECAUSE ITS COUNTRIES LIKE OURS WHO ARE THE MAIN CUSTOMERS! The Japaneese make darn fine products, and they even compete here in the United States under our Labor Laws. Of course I am not going to start talking about Union Wages and Non Union wages, but that all aside they still operate under our laws when producing here, and they build good products. Its not doing our American Auto makers to good, but keeping all those arguements on the side..the fact is they make good stuff and treat the people building the stuff fairly.
I am not trying to start a flame thread. As I said...I AM JUST AS GUILTY AS THE NEXT GUY. I am not sitting up here on my high horse looking down. All I was trying to get across is that we all should know why the little guy can't make it here producing the wares of our hobby. It all boils down to the little guy over here wants to make enough money to support his family on, and pay his bills. Hard to do that when there are some who will work for pennies on the dollar.
I also want to say that I don't want to get into a history debate. My trade is a Bricklayer....so I depend on my back more than my mind!LOL My point about our history is that we have always been a nation about innovative design and building. Forget the telephone......ever see the fins on a 59 caddy? Who else in the world would sport fins like that? Now we have become a nation of credit and purchasing from others. Thats the only point I was trying to make there.