RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to gas and having engine problems, HELP!
Old 01-10-2009, 10:42 PM
associatedrules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to gas and having engine problems, HELP!

Hi everyone, I am new to the large scale world and just purchased a Shenqi (Firehammer MT knock off). I have owned it for a little over 2 weeks so far and cannot keep it running. I know most people are going to reply with "you get what you pay for", but I just really wanted a 5th scale and couldn't afford an FG or HPI. Basically the problem I am having is chasing the idle and low speed tuning. It runs great past half throttle, but after letting off it will either bog down and die or keep a high rev and idle around the yard at like 5-10mph. I initially thought it was an airleak on the carb/intake, so yesterday I took the intake apart and used Permatex Form-A Gasket sealant on it. This helped slightly, but it is still being very inconsistent on it's tune. The thing that gets me is that I wanted a 5th scale so badly, because I though they were more reliable than nitro. So far it is becoming more of a pain then the nitros. The engine it has in it is supposedly a CY23 and in the manual it even calls it a "Fuelie", but I do not hear these problems coming from HPI owners. Any advise would really be appreciated. If it will help you help me I can try and post a video with audio tomorrow, just let me know. Also if I post a vid please don't make fun of the attempted repair job of the body mounts!