RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix Strega motor for 120 class racing.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:11 AM
ChrisAttebery
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Phoenix Strega motor for 120 class racing.

Well, I guess I'll find out the hard way if the Heli motors can keep up. I found a pristine YS 91 ST and bought it.

I think that it will unload quite a bit on the 11x9. I'm hoping for about 17.5k in the air. I know it should hit 16k on the ground. We'll see.

A couple things on the YS 110 numbers. I was informed that my RPM figures we're optimistic and the narrow props are not as efficient as the standard blades, so the YS numbers are kind of deceiving. I also just found out that the APC 13x13N isn't made anymore. Most of the guys are running a APC 13x10 or 13x11.

I think I'll be in good shape, like I said 99% of the time it will be sport flown anyway. I'm looking forward to owning a YS. I've worked on them and they are some serious pieces of engineering. Worst case is I'll try it out and sell it again. I got a really good deal, so I can probably get close to what I paid for it.

In any case this plane is smaller than that WM P-51 that you've got the 70H in. I should be able to pull a bit more pitch with the same diameter. You we're able to beat a 110 with your setup, at least one heat, so in theory my setup should do the same.

We'll see...