RCU Forums - View Single Post - FS 91 SII FI HELP!!!! anyone who knows
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 08:38 PM
coindex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS 91 SII FI HELP!!!! anyone who knows

I just bought this engine, hooked it up to my engine test stand and gave it a go today. I never installed a check valve on the vent line or a fuel filter, and the engine would run for approx. 30sec - 1min before it would stall out. It would also stall out if I increased the throttle or decreased it all the way. Once I get the fuel filter and the check valve will my engine run properly????? Here is some info which could be useful, I will also post some pics if anyone knows if these wires are in there proper positions.

I have set the low and high LMT(limit settings) according to my servo setup.
The servo is y'd to the receiver and to the electronic control unit (EC-2)
The aux (trim) coming from the ecu is connected to my aux 2 channel of my transmitter for adjustment
The injector and rpm sensors are connected correctly to the ecu and engine

When I turn the whole system on and I go to adjust the aux trim, should you be able to hear anything from the injector as though the inector is making the air/fuel mixture rich/lean? I don't hear anything.
According to the manual the lights should blink when I am adjusting the injection trim. They don't blink though it will change at a certain spot.
When I did run the engine, I tried to adjust the injection trim and I still did not hear or see any difference in the mixture setting, seemed like nothing happened.
The metal tube connecting the vent line is where I will be putting the check valve one way airflow from engine to tank
The fuel filter I will install on the carb/injector line

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94574.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1108762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94272.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	1108763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81384.jpg
Views:	91