RCU Forums - View Single Post - Baby 260 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 01:32 AM
Han2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Baby 260 Build Thread

I started out with an APC 15x10 for break in, and now I run the 16x8 APC. Even during break in with the 15x10 the plane would have unlimited verticle climb. Even with the added weight of a 20oz fuel cell.

I can gun it (after break in) and it is off of the runway in less then thirty feet, then yank back on it and it rockets straight up completely out of sight. Even during break in it had way more power then it needed. Also, using the Bisson Pitts Muffler for the O.S. Max 1.20 AX I don't get alot of exhaust slim either, I usually just have to wipe down the the underside of the fuselage and I'm good to go. As far as 3D glow fuels go it doesn't get much better then this.

One other note of advice, you will want to go with Great Planes Adjustable Engine Mount for 1.20-1.80 size engines. It's a little longer then its counterparts and you'll need the reach, there's a lot of room in the cowl. (check out post #206 and 217 in this thread on page 9).

Lastly, if you haven't checked out Tom's "Smaller Bunnies" thread there is also some good info there as well.