RCU Forums - View Single Post - FS 91 SII FI HELP!!!! anyone who knows
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 10:19 PM
coindex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FS 91 SII FI HELP!!!! anyone who knows

Well, I picked up my check valve, fuel filter and hooked everything up. Started it up and it idled perfect, increased throttle to mid and it ran not to bad tried to move it full throttle and it would die on me. Found out after re reading my manual that I need to adjust my injection trim differently. Battery needed charged so I charged it up. Went to reconnect battery and stupid me not thinking hooked the battery connection to my AUX1 connection and not my switch connection. My ECU started smoking I immediately disconnected everything and then noticed I plugged the battery in the wrong darn spot.
NOW....I find that it will cost me $300.00 to get a new EC-2 control unit brand new but no one has this unit in stock and no one knows when anyone will get stock from Japan.
Is there a place in Japan I can order from to get this part?

DIAGNOSIS:
I took a look at the damage of my ECU. The circuit board all looks alright other then this one cap or whatever it is (little black box) that is charred. I will post a pic of the ECU. Think this is repairable? I checked my receiver out and everything works fine.
As you can see in the picture the condensors(i think they are) #101 and 47 don't look affected (charred) but the one to the right of 101 is burnt. The gold circuit looks ok, its not broken or busted anywhere.
Any insight on this?? Where I can get this fixed or buy one? Used or new whatever route would be cheaper
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54321.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1110430   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80430.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1110431