RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix Strega motor for 120 class racing.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:04 PM
T34RACING
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Phoenix Strega motor for 120 class racing.

Hey Chris,

Just had time to read some post on RCU. Saw you bought a helicopter engine...sorry dude. Didnt know. The DF engines and Helicopter engines turn such high RPMS, it was brought up not to allow. I would love to run my DF engines as I have 4 know, but not legal. I have to buy all new engines.

Jett engines are legal according to the rules so if Jett makes a .91 to 1.20 engine FI / SE , you should be in good shape. I think you are going to see quite a few 4-strokes show up. I know Mark Sumich is running a 1.10 in his Strega, Bryan has a Y.S. 1.20 in a World Models Spitfire, and a couple others running .91's in various aircraft. I know there will be a handful of O.S. 1.20AX's as well. Mark Stevenson and John Lockwood both have W.M. Dago Reds with new wings. Rick Maida has a Dymond Bearcat with a GMS 1.20. I think Richard Verano may come and play and he has a Y.S. 1.20. His sponsor makes him run it. LOL ( He owns Y.S. Parts and Performance) I will have two planes, one with a O.S. 1.20 and a Y.S. 120.

The Nitro needs to be run on the Y.S. engines. I picked up 5gallons of Nitro and 5 Methonel to help the expense.