RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix Strega motor for 120 class racing.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:49 AM
gofastz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Phoenix Strega motor for 120 class racing.

Chris,

I have been flying a OS 91FX on my Strega for a while now. Freakingfast is correct about the 16 oz. Sullivan cylinder style fuel tank it will fit with minor effort... I just epoxied the fuse were I cut the formers down to strengthen it up.....Works wonderful.... I'm running the ultrathrust sport muffler and due to the length had to cut some of the wing were it mates to the fuse down and make a pocket sort of with a exhaust diverter to vent it away from the fuse...Works great... The mod in no way weaken the wing and it has held up well. I would say she flies in the 120 to 130 range with a APC 11X9 prop which really wouldn't make you much of a threat in racing....I don't think it would be what you want out of it....Lastly the landing gear is fairly strong... It will hold up under the conditions that I use it for...Meaning my setup....A larger motor and I would think some type of strengthening would be needed.....These planes are real mighty mites and a joy to fly...You must remember to watch you weight as it will kill speed.... For a $109 dollar ARF with pinned control surfaces already installed it's one of the best buys as well as planes out there......Gofastz