RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bud Nolsen Mr Mulligan
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 10:43 PM
moto-x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bud Nolsen Mr Mulligan

Their should have been a small roll of plastic in the kit to be used for a windshield. Each build might be a little different so they could not standardize one windshield. Once you have the plane framed up you can lay out a pattern with paper and then transfer that to the plastic. If your kit did not have that roll, go to your local hardware store and get a piece of thin lexan. I have seen paint tray liners that you could cut one from also. I have not got that far yet myself on this model but if you look at my models, the royal staggerwing has a paint tray liner windshield. Just cut it to the pattern, glue it in real good and then use your covering heat gun and slowly shrink it up. It will not take much heat to shrink so hit it lightly and back off. If you hit it too much it will pull away from the glue. Trial and error. Hope this helps. I did start laying out the wing ribs and spars on mine tonight. I think I"m going to modify the alirons a bit. Most post I have read state that the plane needs a little help on turns with rudder or elevator so I was thinking of bringing the alirons in one more rib to extend the length by 3 inches but still not take away from the scale look. Maybe a little more surface area will help with aliron turns. Who knows, maybe it will roll a little easyer. I will get some more pic soon. Good luck with your build. Tony