RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2009 Basic Narrative
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: 2009 Basic Narrative

You know as a relative newcomer to IMAC I can appreciate both sides of the arguments presented in this thread.

However it also IMHO, demonstrates one of the critical issues right now and that is consistent judging which folks are now working hard to standardize and that's a good thing.

What isn't good about this thread is that bjames tried to help out newbies or folks who might be interested in learning more about and possibly participating in IMAC. For those people who have read this thread, all you've done is scare 'em off....

I was one of those who was initially of a mind to just forget the whole thing rather than spend time memorizing a bunch of diagrams which meant nothing to me and don't even identify what the manuever is called. Until I found a narrative such as the one posted first in this thread. By going through that and correlating the descriptions of the maneuver with the diagrams, I got started on learning Aresti. Had it not been for that, I'd have just given it a pass. I've experienced the same reluctance I had with other local club members who have either expressed an interest or whom I've tried to introduce to IMAC.

I want to say thanks to bjames for taking the time to do the narrative and get it posted as I've already handed it out to a number of guys who are interested in giving RC aerobatics a try. I'm hoping that someone will continue to post narratives for at least the Basic and Sportsman categories in the future as they've done in the past, they've been a lot of help getting new folks started/interested.

The discussion on the rules and judging is merited, but it ought'a be in a different thread.

JMHO....