RCU Forums - View Single Post - Interested in nitro snowmobile....where should I start?
Old 01-16-2009, 12:25 PM
huttcraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Interested in nitro snowmobile....where should I start?

My theory on the problem with RC sleds and why manufacturers don't seem interested is that vehicles that depend on the rider to do more than steer just aren't well-suited to RC. I know from experience that snowmobiles are inherently unstable, and depend on a rider capable of shifting his weight to keep them track-side-down. Unlike a motorcycle they don't have the benefit of angular momentum to become more stable at speed. My slow New Bright skidoo rolls over way too easily, even after suspension mods to try to handle uneven snow better. Ever notice that, with the exception of Jordan Krupp's video, most Youtube examples of fast RC sleds show them on a paved roads, on grass, or at best on flat, new snow? I don't know how Jordan Krupp handled this problem but I have a feeling it would be front-of-mind for any potential manufacturer.

Of course I don't really know what I'm talking about. Jordan sometimes passes through this forum. If so I'd be interested in his thoughts.

Dave