RCU Forums - View Single Post - HPI Savage Flux RCU review thread
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 03:16 AM
mrpints69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI Savage Flux RCU review thread

OK I got several questions. I haven't had an electric rc since I was a kid. So please answer these questions the best you can. From what I read the Savage Flux can hold 6 batteries? What would the best (most powerful and long lasting) Batteries be? How many of them could fit in the boxes and how long would they last? What much would they cost each? Can they be switched out for fresh batteries easily? How long will the batteries take to charge? Will the electric motor be damaged or destroyed if it gets water on it? Will it be safe to drive through mud or small water puddles or even in a light rain? When is the official release date in the United States? What is the expected cost of one? Would a transmission with 2 or 3 gears make it go even faster or give it a higher top speed? Can you put 4 more shocks on this puppy so it can have 8? Dose it drive better in different temps? Will the motor over heat or get damaged by heat if driven in pretty hot weather (say 100 degrees F) I sand gets into the electric motor will it cause damage or problems? Is their any cleaning or special treatment that you have to do to keep the motor clean or from being damaged?

I know it is a lot of questions and I know some of them may be some easy ones but it is stuff I don't know and or don't have time to research. Thanks a head of time.

One last thing. When someone gets a chance start a mod for making a decent wheelie bar for this beast. From what I saw and read is that if you really slam the throttle on this monster that it will wheelie or even flip right over that little wheelie bar that comes with it. Thanks in advance.

You an also e-mail me at [email protected]
Anyone live Panhandle of Florida give me a shout.