View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Nikki Ko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Skymaster Mig-29 OVT with Single P-180

ORIGINAL: Likai

ORIGINAL: heraldoboldrin

Li Kai

I didnĀ“t understand about the gyros.. can you explain how you use all the channel and where you conect the thrust vectoring and gyros??
With the p180 the mig can go up from hovering?? (because i read that Saba use 2 Titan in his mig)
Hello Heraldoboldrin:

I use a Futaba GYA-352 dual axis airplane gyro for pitch/roll controls of nozzles, that because this gyro can be set for delta wing type (taileron) plane. The up/down movement of nozzles are same as control surfaces of tailerons, so it is very easy to connect two output channels of GYA-352 to two up/down servos of two nozzles. About the yaw control of nozzles, I use a GY-401 heli gyro for this purpose.
All three axis input of nozzle gyros use independent Rx channels from control surfaces (taileron-L, taileron-R & rudder), this is meaning that you need six channels for all nozzles and control surfaces at least. And you still need three channels for gain setting of gyros and others channels for throttle, gear, brake, flap, nose steering. So, the total needed channels are 14 channels.

Best regards

Hi !!! Li Kai. Wow Wow The Mig looks superb.

I like to have one skymasetr mig-29 like you. I already purchased p-180 lastweek and purchased Futaba GYA-352 yesterday thru Ebay. However i haven't ordered Mig-29 yet because I need some more info. i need a help before i make decision.

If you don't mind, Could you answer me some questions???

1) I assumed that when airplane rudder moves left & right then nozzle moves left & right. And when airplane elevator moves up & down then nozzle moves up & down.??? If so, when Futaba GYA 352 control the 2 nozzles on the mig then Does 2 elevator move same direction as nozzle at the same time??? Does 2 nozzles move together as a one piece??? or two nozzle work independently???

2) What radio are you using to control this beauty????

Thank you !!!

Nikki KO