RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMR 33% Waco YMF-5 Build
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 07:17 PM
trlambsr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMR 33% Waco YMF-5 Build

Lonnie
It will be a pleasure to help you anyway you need. Feel free to ask anything.
I would start with
What do you want your plane to be. If you are going to campaign it for show and want to win you will have to really do your homework.
As I have said before I have build three of the Genesis kits under contract. I know this kit well. I had the privledge Of attending Top Gun in 2007 and watched the Judging of one of the planes that I had built to an ARC
. I saw all the things that cost points and watched the judges very carefully.
If you want to win your plane must stand out. It must have what I call Pazzazzzz. Bob Gonzalez's plane drew crowds. It stood out. He chose Red and Black for his colors and it really looked scale even though it had many things wrong. The finishes he did were first class they looked real. Not hand made. He is a master at finishes.
The plane was not built for Top Gun. It was built to just fly. I convinced him to go to Top Gun because I thought it had a chance to win. Having seen Mike Barbies plane I thought Bobs was in many ways better. At that time I did not know the things that were wrong with the kit. The Genesis kit was not built for show.

Now there have been many improvements in the AMR kit but there are still things that need to be Tweeked.
First go get the CD on the Blue and White Plane. Study it. Get in Close and look at every part. Go look at the Full scale planes. With the brotherhood there is now resources that will answer any question you have. skylarkmk1 is a walking encyclopedia he has every picture you would ever need. Look back and read every input to the Brotherhood blog. On my next entry I will start on the wings
For now
TR
bortherhood # 69

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46129.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	1115580