RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMR 33% Waco YMF-5 Build
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: AMR 33% Waco YMF-5 Build

ORIGINAL: lrayj

Hey TR

I really appreciate the time you are putting into this to get me what I need on these wing tips. Of course I'm sure everyone else will benefit from your effort.

Thanks for what your doing
Lonnie
Lonnie,

In your previous post, you touched on a couple of issues on the Genesis/AMR wing design. Terry has the correct information on this, and you are all over the wingtip issue. There are other issues as well, but you have the basic problem with the tip well in hand. The top of the wingform does taper to the tip, but it is not as pronounced as is the bottom of the wing. the full scale appears to have some negative incidence in the last rib, but this is not the case if you view the wing from the rear. The full scale had zero washout. Hopefully Terry will have the resolution to this before you get to that stage in your assembly. Since you don't plan to build a contest model with yours, this should not be an earth stopping issue. It's just a shame to build a model such as this one, and have these issues to resolve. I will be happy to give guidance if requested.

Bill, Waco Brother #1