RCU Forums - View Single Post - Banana Hobby
Thread: Banana Hobby
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Lithonion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banana Hobby

I have had issues with alot of places.

The one I remember the most.... I had a plane from Hobby Lobby the ESC would overheat if you flew full throttle. After contacting customer support and them handing me over to the "TECH GUY" I was told, "Don't Fly at Full Throttle." And to them, this issue was over. This is not a fix. Another plane I got from them, I set it up excaclty like they recommended, purchased everything from them. The motor burnt up due to over voltage. I contacted the company first that made the motor. They asked me why I ran it on 3s, not rated for 3s only 2s. So I contacedHL telling them this via e-mail, and phone. They would say they would look into it and get back to me. Never did. I finally after 3 months emailed them again ticked saying it is not my fault but fault to them for this set up not working. They never responded, I stopped buying from them. That has been my worse as far as issues. I will never forget, "Don't Fly At Full Throttle" [sm=72_72.gif]

I do order from Hong Kong, just not planes, most of them dont get here in full formation...if ya know what I mean...lol I have ordered two planes from HC...both looked like they got kicked from the warehouse to the ocean...floated over, then kicked to my door. Other then that, they credited me and I still order alot from them.

I have had issues with Nitroplane, BP hobbies, Tower, Helidirect, and it goes on and on.

You guys might get a kick out of this one. I had a plane from Nitroplanes with no instructions. It had the face sheet, staples but the rest was gone. So I e-mailed them asking what the CG of this model was. They repsponded quickly with, "If you could send a picture of the missing part or broken part we would gladly replace it." so yes they wanted to help me. So I sent another e-mail going into detail about Center of Gravity ect, ect. That CG is not a part, its the place at which to balance the airplane. Again, very fast responce with, "We understand, sorry for any problems this may have caused, but we still dont know what piece or part your missing." This went on for awhile, I already had figured it out on a CG calc cause the plane was built by then, I was just trying to help educate them for future issues.

The only two places I can say never have done me wrong, Polk's Hobby, and EJF.