RCU Forums - View Single Post - My engine burns the plugs, HELP!
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 05:22 PM
dimag093

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My engine burns the plugs, HELP!

ORIGINAL: tom111

Some results…

dgav407 – you’re the man ! I noticed that every time after my engine dies when I open the plug I see A LOT of smoke & the plug & piston are completely dry, so my first suspicion was that the fuel is just not getting there, then every time I opened the fuel cap I heard a sound of pressure that is being released out of the fuel tank, like opening a bottle of coke, so I drilled a hole in the fuel cap & added a small pipe there & I could ran it for ONE HOUR without any issues, amazing what a small hole can do… I just don’t understand 2 things:

1. I have been running my FG MT for 2 years without any ventilation in the fuel tank, it has only 2 lines – in & out, I never had any problems with it…???
2. If this is a known issue why does these companies don’t do this extra vent? My friend own 2 Smartech MTs & both of them came with an extra third ventilation line…

So I guess it is not the oil ratio, air filter, type of plug or needle configuration, it is just a vacuum that does not let the fuel after a while get into the carb…
FG MT gas cups have a little hole in the center for venting purposes.Are you sure your tank cup doesn't have that vent hole?Mine has