RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 05:41 PM
tim777jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

Yeh, falcon site, but the guy was just asking for advise before spending his cash, and interesting posts came about. I have Sprektrum DX7 set and wouldnt part with it, its been 100 % and the TX battery life is nothing short of brilliant. If you buy a Spektrum set, check what servos come with it. THey come with 4 digital servos in the package, sometimes with DS811 and sometimes DS821 ( dont quote me on the numbers I cant remember now), but one type can run 6 volts and the other can not. I run with a regulator set at 5.7 volts, and all has been fine. I did a post ages ago about this. Also never put thread lock on any servo arm locking screw ( i could never quite work out why people do this) that goes into a plastic set of gears. It attacks and weakens the gears and the servo fails.

Ref the requirement for more channels, I posted up a while back now, how i needed another channel and mixed the rudder mix switch to the undercarriage channel, to give me another channel, with a servo leaded to the undercarriage servo, to operate the smoke system. Yes some more channels would be great, but this works for me.

When you think about it, the Falcon offers us more operating features than some other planes. For example, some F15 style aircraft use just 3 servos. Two for the elevons and one nose wheel steering. We have flaps, rudders and in addition, I have my nose leg extension system. So in effect we have a lot more complexity and carry a lot more extra components than some high end models.
I had toyed with the idea of fitting an airbrake on the top rear part of the fuse, but never got round to it. The flaps are very effective in slowing the model down and not sure what would happen to the airflow over the tailplane which would be effected im sure. The extra weight for this mod would be minimal, I have a spare air ram lying around and could link it up so with full flap selected, the airbrake would extend. Anyone tried a speed brake on top of the fuse, like an Su27

Cheers Tim