RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why there are no new 1/2 A's.
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 12:39 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Why there are no new 1/2 A's.

ORIGINAL: Raymond LeFlyr

And now that I think of it, what's with those sissy, wimpy orange props?
RLF, it's amazing to me that you can just push a prop onto a little shaft then go out and practice prop hangs. I guess if it takes 5 pounds of effort to push on, it should take 5 pounds to pull it off?

If one of us 1/2A engine lovers ever wins the big Lotto, 1/2A engine production could happen again someday []. I wonder how many years of running a 10 man engine shop it will take to plow through 10 million bucks? Imagine the cost of bringing in the expertize to set up the operation and to develope the product. How many out of work small engine liner plating and porting experts are sitting next to their phones, waiting for a call right now?
Once up to full speed, no shop could make just 1/2A engines, there just isn't the demand. So then the shop [like PAW for example] would have to make lots of other things to keep everyone busy. That thought makes this venture sound too much like work.
I'm more than a little bit disappointed with ThunderTiger, their larger engines run just fine and produce as much power per dollar as any engine out there. They had some great engines already out there to copy / clone.
I guess they figure it isn't worth it to change the .07 around enough to make it a "runner". It would need to be completely redesigned and that isn't gonna happen.