RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 11:36 AM
bertsirkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

I have both the MPXT and the PRecision Aerobatics Extra 260. Here are my impressions: I've destroyed my MPXT fuse several times because of bad servos and very minor hard landings. I use nylon bolts on the landing gear now which helps a lot - no more fuse problems with hard landings. But landing on grass, I do have to replace the nylon screws frequently. I find the MPXT requires a LOT of space to land.

THe Extra 260 is a dream to fly - one of the remarkable things about it is that it requires almost NO space to land. I frequenly take it into slow lazy circles coming closer to the ground with each circle and end up landing in front of me stalling it a few inches above the ground. It's fast and maneuverable. I'm not a very good 3D pilot, so, although I can do a knife edge, inverted flight, etc, don't use it to it's full potential. It is very fragile and light and find that flying in a little wind isn't as enjoyable as flying the MPXT in light to medium wind.

Both planes are fun to fly, but I find the MPXT requires a much bigger field to land in.

bert