RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 08:53 PM
bertsirkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

ORIGINAL: phoenix426
I'm looking hard at the PA Extra 260... when you say it's very fragile, what kind of problems have you had with it?
What parts tend to crack or break? How does it do on grass landing strips?
How to you like the "Carbon Fusion" construction? Is is hard to repair?

I also have a MPXT and it's a great flying plane. I reinforced the areas around the landing gear mounts and have not had any trouble since.
I've landed her on a grass field at least 150 times with no issues since reinforcing.

Thanks!!!
I haven't had to repair the fuse, but suspect it would be quite difficult to get it right as it's very light and the construction is very minimalistic. Any extra reinforcement or epoxy would undoubtedly throw off the COG.

I did have a problem with the landing gear on the 260 but was able to fix it. Other than that nothing has broken (yet!). I land it on grass and as I indicated, because of it's 3D characteristics, you can almost land it straight down. It requires very little space to land. The carbon fusion construction would make it more difficult to repair, but I haven't had any issues with it. There are some threads about radio interference, but I run a DX7 and AR7000 receiver and have had no issues.

bert