RCU Forums - View Single Post - All Composite 1/7th P-40E Mould Build
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 01:03 AM
Slow Low

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: All Composite 1/7th P-40E Mould Build

Good to hear from you Steve. Thanks for the encouragement; it's what keeps me going when the going gets tough.

You made a very valid point for anyone else who might be interested in taking on a similar project.
We're only human and everyone who works on something for an extended period of time is likely to feel the urge to make compromises for the sake of expediting completion. In fact, we're all trained from the first day of school to this end and then it carries over into the work/marketplace. We even create fancy abstractions like "the point of diminishing returns" in order to justify compromise. THIS IS WHERE THE LESSON LIES; and it extends far beyond model airplanes.

Yes, I do look forward to the pride of ownership and accomplishment that I will feel as I land the first prototype. In fact, I may have to find a place to fly her away from the field because I may just need a moment to myself. lol
BUT, all of it is just one compromise away from the eternal "I wish I had've spent that extra hour/day/week/month to...", because EVERY single part that comes out of the mould is going to remind you of how you only cheated yourself, EVERY time you look at one.

...and so to all of us who work away while others shake their heads -

#1 - you have my respect on many levels
#2 - the entire world is conspiring against you - DON'T CHEAT YOURSELF