RCU Forums - View Single Post - Slash must-haves / Advice
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 01:47 AM
FairTax4me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Slash must-haves / Advice

What is the advantage to installing aftermarket CVDs?

Also, do the STRC hub carriers and front knuckles need bigger bearings?
I am also looking at going to a 2.4ghz system right away. Does anyone have any advantages for Pistol grip or stick style controllers? I used to fly RC airplanes, and am sort of used to the stick style, but Im not opposed to trying the pistol grip. Probably boils down to personal preference.
Last question for now... Would anyone recommend aftermarket shocks? I saw that someone was disappointed with the piggyback shocks, any reason why?
1. None really.
2. They should use the stock 5x11x4mm size.
3. No advantage to either, just personal preference and most people just use what their first car came with and get used to it.
4. Traxxas Big bores are good replacements (aluminum). I still have no idea what the big deal is with piggy back shocks, besides for looks maybe, but beyond that I don't see how they're worth they extra money.

Hi guys I bought a Slash and hit a curb and broke off the passenger side wheel. The A Arm is ok but it broke the part after that, where can I buy relacement parts and what are they called? Thanks
It's called your Local Hobby Shop.

OR

Hit up traxxas.com. Then go to the knowledge base page and have a look at the exploded views for the Slash. Find the part that you broke and write down the part number, which will be next to the parts picture.
Then go to Towerhobbies.com and enter the part number in the search bar. Add to cart, proceed to checkout.