RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 09:55 AM
TURBINATOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet

ORIGINAL: joeflyer

Jeff,

Not sure if I understand your issue. Perhaps a picture would help. If you're referring to the scissor hinge on the strut; it doesn't make any difference if it faces forward or aft. You will have much better ground control if your nose wheel is angled back somewhat.

Joe

Joe,

You were right about the back angle to the nose gear issue. I finished up my Falcon and did some range test and ground runs but found the steering way too sensitive with the angle placed forward. I did this so the gear hinge would not hit the retract well and crack it. I saw how you raised yours to fit the retract better, but I had already installed mine and did not want to break the well apart trying to get it out. I almost cartwheeled the plane just running it up to speed due to the wandering effect the angle forward created. I am going to turn it around and try again. I also had a fuel leak with a pinhole in the line which fill my fuselage with full while taxiing around. I used alot of the old stuff from my first Falcon and had a small piece of fuel tubing that got kinked in the first crash that I had not noticed. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Jeff