RCU Forums - View Single Post - my budget brushless savage project
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 02:00 PM
fasterrcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my budget brushless savage project

those are all great ideas for saving money . but that motor in any kv count is no to great. if you read the review they are some what mixed. the Feigao XL 8x is the best for price and reliability . i am running one in my savage and having no heat problems at all never has gotten over 130 take it i am only running a 3 cell lipo witch gives me the performance of a k46. not saying it wont heat up on 6 cells but all the others will also. on those esc you link they are for planes as i am sure you know and wont have the punch of a mamba esc witch you will be wanting to upgrade to since it a much better esc. if you looking to save a little money in these times you should go with the Feigao XL and a mamba sidewinder esc that is under 80 bucks . it will run a Feigao XL just fine as long as you don't go no higher then 3 cells which is fast enough at first. plus later on if you want to run 6 cell and get a mamba monster max you will have a great esc for another car the ones in your link are all through always. ebay seems to be the best on lipo right now you don't need to get the more expensive car size batteries you can get 2 smaller plane size batteries and run them together to dubble there captivity 2800 + 2800 = 5600 and that is plenty plus there easier to place around a chassis that has no place for a battery http://cgi.ebay.com/2800mAh-11-1v-25c-30c-11-1-LiPo-3S-2800-RC-AKKU-Battery_W0QQitemZ170296679482QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRa dio_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item17029667948 2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A4|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18|301%3A1|293%3A2|294%3A200

as for heat problems which you should not have. most of the nitro guy in this forum don't have much experience with electric rc because there in love with nitro for good reason . you can help lower esc temps by running a external bec or your hump pack to power the servos [ esc are not intended to power 3 hi power servos most of the time just one] the esc need to convert higher voltage to 6 vote so it needs to burn it off as heat to lower the voltage. and dont forget the savage has a external brake so the esc and motor dont need to do any of the breaking witch means less drain on the battery equaling longer run time and less strain on the esc