RCU Forums - View Single Post - "newbie" prop question
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 03:59 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: "newbie" prop question

ORIGINAL: Sandore
2. The cub uses a regular glow plug, so I can clip a regular glow plug driver onto it. I fried the original glow head on my BW, so (don't laugh) I drilled it & tapped it to accept a regular glow plug. I have no idea if the combustion chamber is now too big or too small (I machined it so the piston just doesn't hit the idle bar on the glow plug if 1 copper head gasket is installed). When I get the time to mess with the BW some more, I will try to find a replacement original type glow head for it before I experiment any more with my frankenstein head. Or maybe I'll buy a commercially available glow plug conversion head.
http://www.kittingittogether.com/

$11.00 for the head, $4.95 for the plugs. And they work really well. No point even bothering to find Cox heads. Your standard plug conversion will make it run, but I don't think you'll ever even get as far as equalling the stock plug performance. This Nelson plug head conversion is another story.

I highly recommend this option. You will likely see a performance gain rather than a drop. And the plugs are cheaper. I bought a few a while back and they now adorn my Coxes and VAs. I've been known to give the odd Cox plug to a needy dad/son team since with the conversions available I don't care about them. Well, perhaps I better say not as much as I used to.. before I get deluged with SASE's .

MJD