RCU Forums - View Single Post - All Composite 1/7th P-40E Mould Build
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 06:10 AM
Slow Low

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: All Composite 1/7th P-40E Mould Build

Since my last post I've done some more work in the flap bays but to be honest, I woke up one morning after having sanded all night in my dreams and was very disheartened to find that it was still the way I'd left it the day before. LOL So I figured that a break from that task was in order, and I moved on to something else that had been aggravating me for some time now.

Overall this kit has been a joy to build, but if there was something that I would improve it would be the wing fillets. The precut ply fillet bases need to be extended further out the wing near the leading edge. There's nothing I can do now with the fuselage complete and it slipped by me or I'd have fixed it. So having stared at this annoyance for months I needed to do something to ease my mind. I decided that with no options for achieving a scale look, I would improve the fit so that when someone noticed the form deficiency they could comment on how I tried to fix the fit instead! lol

There's still some finish work to be done obviously, but it's shaped in for the most part. So now I can go ice fishing this weekend and at least feel like I made a little progress.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56653.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1122955   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt60064.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	1122956   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fl18748.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	51.4 KB