RCU Forums - View Single Post - engine dies when ignitor disconects
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 06:55 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: engine dies when ignitor disconects

Yeah, my old OS 61 used to behave exactly like that. Of course, I was fairly new in RC and was not really sure when it came to tuning the engine, but I managed to fly it ok (Tiger 60 ARF, by the way). But, it kept getting worse, got to dead-sticks once or twice that I could not explain.

Even though I had a bunch (10 or so) glow plugs of various types (all OS, but various types within the brand), I did't even think about that. My instructor was there one day and told me to swap out the glow plug. Voila.. instant fix. I don't recall what I put in there, if it was a kind-for-kind (F for F, A3 for A3, 8 for 8.. whatever) but I swapped it out and it ran just fine.

But, I must add that he spent a couple of minutes man-handling my high speed and then my low speed needles (or the other way around, I forget.. maybe back and forth, but he played with them). But I do recall that I swapped it out and it ran much better. But, he wanted to show me ( Yeah again, probably for the 124th time.. jeech..) how to properly tune the engine.

CGr.