RCU Forums - View Single Post - Peppermint Pattie
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 11:57 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Peppermint Pattie

ORIGINAL: WEDJ

No, Ed, as I recall, my feeling at the time was that I was expecting it to fly like the 60, but it did not have the same "solid" feeling. Having flown 40-size since then, it is just how that size plane flies in general. I have the same feeling with the Perigee, although I must say I like the way it flies.

With the 15 PP, I knew it would fly like a small plane, so I wasn't surprised. I guess my expectations back then were colored by Rhett Miller's success with his 40 plane.

I actually prefer the .40 sized plane feel to the larger airplane feel. They are agile and can turn on a dime without losing a lot of inertia. Of course, I tend to fly in much closer and lower than most pattern flyers.

The first thing that I would do at a contest was to ask for the judge's permission to fly in low and close. I never had any of them refuse to grant me their permission. I just felt more comfortable flying that way, with my astigmatism. I have seen times when I could swear that it actually gained me some points. This was before turnaround.

Ed Cregger