RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW 130mah Lipo Battery for Micro MCX!
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 05:43 PM
mikejbb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW 130mah Lipo Battery for Micro MCX!

I've been using 2 of the 130's and 1 of the 110mah and I've been timing them. My 110 is from Christmas so it's been used/charged at least 200 times, I fly many times a day since I "work" at home. Don't tell my boss. Anyway the 130's are about 2 weeks old now and still give 9+ minutes until lvc. The 110 was down to 5 min's, but then I soldered the connector like someone said to and now it gets 6+ mins. The 110 gave me 7+ minutes for most of January before it started to deteriorate.

Charging has made a real difference in all the batteries. I was charging using fresh NiMH each charge for the first couple of weeks and the 110 kept getting worse. Then I changed to alkelines for the extra volts and the 110 started getting better. So then I used a 6v wall wart plus 3 nimh's so the charge is 6v and the chg indicator led would function, but would not cause any interference with the 6v charging.

Then I bought the connector and now use my 5amp 6cell lipo balencing charger set to .5a 1cell and it tells me how many mah it put in. The most the 110 put in was 99mah and currently it puts in low 90's. The 130's originally put in 115mah each and now in the high 90's. I fly often and I fly until lvc every battery. I tried higher chg rates up to 2amps and the charger puts in less mah's, but the battery never even gets warm at 2amps, but flight times are 1-2mins less. So I've settled on .5a for charging. However, with 3 batteries and charging at .8amps I can fly continuously as the charge time drops a lot too.

Mike