RCU Forums - View Single Post - H9 Super Cub
Thread: H9 Super Cub
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 10:33 PM
chistech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: H9 Super Cub

I recieved my Balsa USA floats from eBay. Well the ad said might be something missing. It appears all the die cut bulk heads including the 1/8 ply ones are among the missing. The guy I bought them from was cool though and I got everything else to complete the floats for $21.00, half the original price paid. The amount of balsa in the box was definetly worth it. I called Balsa USA to inquire if they had any info on these floats. They told me that these floats are from the 70's and they had no drawings of the missing bulk heads. Working with the plans I was able to measure up each bulk head and I drew them out. My buddy and I took the drawings, put them to 1/8th balsa and ply, and cut them out. We have started assembly and the floats are coming out really nice. We have them framed out and have started building the strut boxes. I will take some pictures and post. The H9 hardware is really nicely made and cost me less than $80.00! I ordered only one water rudder and they goofed and put two units in the package. That saved me about $12.00 I have really been enjoying putting these together. I have been putting so many ARF's together for customers, I forgot how rewarding stick building is. I've got a few old kits of my own that I might start putting together. I do however, own a couple ARF warbirds to put together also. Decisions, Decisions!