View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 12:00 PM
LuftwaffeOberst
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best beginner aircraft...

ORIGINAL: Nathan King

Welcome 997Porsche!!

This is an outstanding community of R/C enthusiasts from around the globe. We're always looking to help a new guy, so don't hesitate to ask questions.

As for this....

ORIGINAL: 997Porsche

I've been told (even in pilot training) flying R/C is harder than flying a real airplane... and with all of the automatic pilot equipment we have I'm sure they're right.
Unfortunately, flying full scale aircraft is much more difficult than flying a model.

Not true, I have 399 hours in full size aircraft and Ultralights... flying R/C Aircraft and flying full size is about the same. The only difference is when we fly the R/C aircraft we are not in the Cockpit.

My Ultralight instructor told me most of his students are R/C pilots... and to him it was exactly the same principle. The only other differences are is if you crash a full size aircraft you can kill yourself or find yourself in the hospital with the FAA on your back... with a R/C plane you crash you just go home with a lumber yard in your bag, and a big heart ache to go along with it.

Also I find flying R/C airplanes way more affordable. I guess that's why they call it the " Poor mans Aviation?"

Although I must admit, some R/C aircraft are way over priced for what you get. JMHO