RCU Forums - View Single Post - Albatros DVa
Thread: Albatros DVa
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 12:01 PM
semeraro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Albatros DVa

hi rcar4,

I have been working on little detail stuff that is, in my opinion, not very interesting to look at so I didnt post it. I have been working on getting the cabane struts finished and ready for primer. I put some more bondo on and did some shaping of the fairings and the metal brackets that model the strut attach fittings. I had to bend them a bit to make them fit the fuselage side. Then I slopped some resin on the struts and other places on the airplane to seal the grain.

I also did an experiment on one of the shell chutes. Three of the four were balsa covered with paper. On the fourth I carved it from balsa but used resin instead of paper. I tried to mold in panel lines and the other detail. It did not work out well and so I covered that with paper also and detailed it. I didnt take any pictures of any of this stuff.

It finally warmed up today so I got into the garage and got another coat of dope on the ailerons. The wings are ready for markings. The ailerons need one more coat of dope or so. They should be done by the end of the weekend. I am working efest tomorrow so I may not get much done.

By the way, I see you are from Champaign. Are you in the local rc club? If you are going to efest on sunday stop by the frequency board. That is where I am working and I am pretty sure I will have lots of spare time to chat.

Dave S.