RCU Forums - View Single Post - Warhead => Evo => RTX
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 10:01 AM
ALFFA164

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warhead => Evo => RTX

Guys, i am an owner of the Warhead Evo - same thing as RTX - and i am sorry to wright this about the truck but after two years i am really tired of it and i think a good warning coming from an experienced driver and actual owner makes more good than bad:

Here it goes... sunday race damage report:

After racing at the track for 4 consecutive sundays i am giving up to this pos. Blown out front diff 2 times and rear 1. When i took them apart they where absolutely worn out. I tested diferent oil weights and even so no good results. Tranny has incredibly hold together, not a single issue at all, i only changed the sliper clutch pad once due to normal wear (even so they wear too fast). Spur gear and clutch bell even look almost like new.

Diffs are a big issue in this truck. After i rebuilt the first front diff everything was very tight and after 3 hours at the track it already had such a big play that i was already waiting for anything to happen. Yesterday i was in the middle of the race and when i had to stop for a refuel the dam thing wouldnt move forward, i was hitting the gas throtle but it wouldnt move... out of the race!!! I had a chance to take it apart right after the race and guess what.... 3 tooth where missing in the front diff gear. Pinion is also worn out, a lot.

I thougth i would never say this after almost 2 years with the truck.... 100% POS, gears are the lowest quality possible and they cant handle the power of a decent engine (LRP.28).

If anyone is looking to initiate in this hobby... please make the effort to get a better truck because this thing will represent a much higher cost at mid and long term, starting with that crappy engine it comes with, it has to be replaced almost after opening the box. Those who own the truck for a while understand what i am talking about.

I guess how that "new" version has come up.... RTX.... racing machine? I doubt!!!!

I am moving forward, a nice M u g e n M B X 6 b u g g y is the way to go, ive seen them at the track quite a while and those thigns are bullet proof tanks crossed with space rocket flying capabilities. I am taking out the LRP engine which is an extreme great engine, all of my new electronics (high quality and performers) and trowing them into my new choice.

Believe me... this is not being writen just with anger... this is writen after more than two years of owning the truck and wrenching in it many many nights and weekends and after spending more than $2K on it. With this money i could have already bought a nice decent Baja with many spares included.

By the way... chassis tends to bend after landing from a tripple jump.

Totally dissapointed! Newbies.... dont even waste your time in this truck.