RCU Forums - View Single Post - AquaCraft Alligator RTR
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:49 PM
deslok113

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AquaCraft Alligator RTR

Well I've decided not to put the .40 on the Airboat. It seems to me that the boat is slightly overpowered as is. It flips pretty easily at anymore than 1/2 power on even a modest turn. However it may be the fact that I had it running in an area where there was a lot of full size boat traffic (at the boat launch). The area was a no wake zone so I figured that the wakes of big boats wouldn't affect me. This fellow on a jet ski came by at speed at one point, so I turned the Gator into the wake and I slowed down. The gator passed the wake with no trouble. Yet even when there was no big boat traffic I'd flip the gator. I flipped it 3 times!!! The first time I was pushing the boat to show someone its capabilities. The second time I had to turn hard to keep from hitting the intelligent fellow on the jet ski who continued to ignore the no wake zone sign until the La. game warden stopped him (HA HA served him right). On the third time I was really trying not to flip the boat. I was going slow and taking turns easy, I took a turn at less than 1/2 throttle (no big boats present) and it flipped over. After that I picked it up and then picked up my big boat and went home. Any suggestions to make the boat less flip over prone? I've even flipped it on grass! It doesn't appear that I can lower the CG of the engine by more that a few mm's with that spinning prop; the prop hitting the deck would not be a good thing.
I'm actually glad I didn't put the .40 on it then it would flip over even more. Help is appreciated.