RCU Forums - View Single Post - Eflite Edge 540 BP 3D ARF - Comments??
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 01:15 AM
kennyt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eflite Edge 540 BP 3D ARF - Comments??

yup, they are still selling this plane with crappy landing gear, we are using the dubro landing gear and it works like a champ

also have a 30A ESC that runs WOT with a 12 x 6 APC slow fly prop and takes off like a rocket without overheating on a 450 motor.

ORIGINAL: Ron Landram

I know this is an old post but I just finished mine and thought I would comment.

I haven't flown it yet due to the rain here however the assembly was pretty simple:

1. The control rods are cheap pot metal and two broke tightening the servo links (Du Bro Links), replace them.

2. The airframe is one of the best I have seen, good quality, simple and strong.

3. I really liked the control horns, some of the easiest to use.

4. The recommended power set up is a E-Flight 450 with a 25 A ESC and a 12.6. I found that I had to re program my Thunderbird 25 ESC to set the current limit to insensitive or it would immediately cut off at full power. I am not sure if it is because of the battery or the ESC is too small or the prop is too big. I think I will upgrade the ESC to a 35 A.

5. The discussions have been going on about the landing gear for two years and still they have not been upgraded. Also how do you tighten the axle nut without crunching the wheel pants?

Still a good buy and a nice airplane.