RCU Forums - View Single Post - BF-110 'Zerstorer' build thread
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 08:04 AM
fockewulf37
My Feedback: (102)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: BF-110 'Zerstorer' build thread

Next I moved to the horizontal. I did not follow the Manual on this either. I wanted to mount it before I installed all the verticals and servos just to make working on it easier.
Boy I about scr_wed the pooch on this one.. Once again I have had bad experiences trying to drill hole in 2 different pieces and then hopping that they will fit properly. Well where the horizontal plugs in is a flat area. you are to drill 2 holes at a given point on each side. I marked it off and I wanted to drill an 1/8" pilot hole so I could use small brass tubes to make a mark on the leading edge of the horizontal. Well when you drill the hole it goes well. There is a bulkhead just behind the fiberglass. I just drilled through the fiberglass and not the wood. I took 2 short pieces of 1/8" brass tube and placed in the holes I then slid the horizontal in place and press very hard. This allowed the brass to make marks on the front of the horizontal. I then drilled out the holes in the horizontal. I 1/8 first then with a 1/4" drill. I then turned to the fuse. I started drilling. The fiberglass is brittle once a hole is in it and it chipped away instead of drilling. I drilled on through the bulkhead.
I then installed the dowels in the leading edge of the horizontal. I then trial fitted the horizontal. I found that the holes due to the angle the drill was allowed to lay at were too low. The horizontal would plug in but it would not lay down on the saddle. I had to ake a rat tail file and relieve the top of the hole until the horizontal would lay in the saddle... It all worked out in the end... Just be very careful installing the horiaontal....even thoght the hole look horrible the fit is nice and tight

These pic's did not come out well....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70169.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1132816   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79830.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	1132817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75694.jpg
Views:	36