RCU Forums - View Single Post - FMA Direct Co-Pilot II Stabilizer
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: FMA Direct Co-Pilot II Stabilizer

ORIGINAL: TTMT

... And the ability to recover a heli from inverted is amazing (combo sets 2 and 3 include a vertical sensor for this capability)....
As far as I understood, the CPD4 and the FS8 were both capable of recovering from inverted by "rolling" if you have installed the vertical sensor. You see, the unit can recover from inverted without the sensor, but most likely it will recover using elevator. For plank pilots that could mean disastrous results if the plane was too close to the ground. With the vertical sensor, the unti was more "aware" of it's surroundings and rolling from inverted was possible.

I read the website and the published PDF document, here is what I see different.

1. The system will use normal servo leads as communication paths. What that means to me, is that I can use servo extensions to locate the components anywhere on the aircraft, instead of having a fixed length wire to deal with.
2. the programming module. I don't quite understand how this works yet, but after programming my FS8 twice, I don't really want to program it again. It is a fairly long process with the radio and the aircraft.
3. THis system will be able to hook up to normal receivers (72mHz or 2.4) and be able to control a CCPM helicopter. Before you could not do CCPM with the CPD4, and needed the FS8, which of course is not compatible with 2.4 systems.
4. This system claims to be able to stabilize up to 4 channels, the old system was able to stabilize just 2 channels.

Rafael