RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Schweizer SGS 2-33A 1/4 scale kit
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 04:04 PM
gunny11
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Schweizer SGS 2-33A 1/4 scale kit

Hi cooper998.

A built up wing at this present time is not an option, will have to consider incorporating a built up version on the wing drawing as an option. The reason being, is I found out that a foam core wing actually builds lighter and much faster than a conventional wing of this size model. I compared the weight of Steve's 1-26 120" built up (not fully sheeted) and cap strip wing against my 2-33 153" fully sheeted wing and wound up a tad lighter. But you can scratch build / design one of your own off of the full size wing drawing. ie. laying in a drag spar and setting the rib spacing. There is a root, mid and tip airfoil profiles on the plans. I don't know what the price difference would be in the laser cut sheets of all the ribs.

Yes, the picture shows the complete short kit which includes: 12 sheets of plans set with color instuction manual, formed canopy and top window, fiberglass nose cone, foam core wing set and the laser cut wood set which has 185 parts for the wing, fuselage and tail. The short kit does'nt include any lumber ie. sticks and sheet balsa. The manual has a bill of materials list for the lumber, hardware, parts and servo selection/guide.

Thanks,

Gunny