RCU Forums - View Single Post - Santa Fe Dam RC done in from the inside
Old 02-17-2009, 02:20 AM
tbgiambruno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Santa Fe Dam RC done in from the inside

We should install tall telephone poles along the freeway with netting in between them, kind of like the one's you see next to golf courses. That way if you get to close.....WHAP! Your plane get's it but the cars on the freeway are safe.

BTW full size aircraft from El Monte , Bracket and Cable airports, both fixed and rotary wing all use the grounds to the East of our field as training airspace for pilot's. I know this because I was one of the pilot's hoaning my stalls and S-turns above the area. As a distraction to the drivers on the freeway our small craft pose no issue, you can barely see them flying and thats if you know what to look for. On the other hand the full size aircraft are very visible and do draw the attention of freeway travelers. I think that if it was a distraction concern the FAA would have made the full size aircraft stop. Drivers on the freeway don't even notice us because they are to busy texting on their cell phones.

As for accidents, well they happen all over all the time, that's why we have insurance. There are no giant farm land area's around here, only homes buildings, tree's, roads etc. Yes there is always the possibilty of a pilot losing control or a malfunction on the airplane. Is that any different for any other airfield, you could crash into the pit area and kill a small child that is watching, or your plane catches fire on impact igniting thousands of acre's on fire and burning down home's with people in them. Shoot, they let teenagers drive 2000 lb cars around the roads and hwy's, what's the difference.

Regardless only time will tell.

Sorry for my rant, I have a big mouth and usually ramble on and on and on and on, just had to vent.