RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobbico FlyZone Cessna 182 Skylane EP RTF
Old 02-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobbico FlyZone Cessna 182 Skylane EP RTF

Hello all,

I bought the NEW Flyzone Cessna because I am into scale and the plane has many features that appeal to me such as scale outline, flaps and lights. I put it together with my Spectrum reciever this weekend. It has not been flown yet. Here's my take. The plane has very good scale outline and it captures the real Cessna 182. Engineering is well done with all parts fit well. It has many features that are not seen in foamies this size such as instrument panel, flaps, functional nose gear and lights. Now the bad... In my example there were lots of dents that now need to be filled with white balsa filler. The cowl is GLUED in and I know it will be a bear should I need to tighten or replace the motor. I plan to keep the servos and I hope they are reliable. If the plane flies well and the servos hold on their own, I think Flyzone has a winner. I have never been a fan of Flyzone cause their planes just don't fly well but this one maybe different. The box says it is for beginner but I don't think so. I really hope this one is in the same rank as the PZ Trojan. Anyone has any info regarding stall charateristics? On the RCU video, the plane flies slow that I really like. DP