RCU Forums - View Single Post - OT - but worth noting
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 02:24 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OT - but worth noting

thanks for the support guys...

Yep, lots of this going around. Sorry to hear yours came to pass Dave.

Seriously, if you never heard of linkedin.com ..... go look. Its facebook for the business world.

Speaking of selling off stuff...... I might do that myself. I have a few retired black q500 engines that could use a little tlc and a good home.

As for spare time ..... that is what my wife thinks. She even suggested taking my little guy out of daycare so I could watch him. Perhaps eventually... but not right now. When it comes down to it, finding a new career path is pretty much a full-time job. Putting together a self-marketing strategy and plan of attack takes quite a bit of effort. I have spent 5 hrs today alone putting together some basics and gathering some very preliminary information. It took me 1 hr on hold with ohio unemployment just to have my "pin number" reset and emailed to me (had to plug in the land-line phone for that..... no need to burn the minutes on that)

The company I worked for had a large early retirement program last fall, and suplimented that with a round of layoffs by November. About a 10% staff reduction. I guess that was not enough as the company went into FY 2nd qtr. This round came as a surprise to all of us involved.

Seems like the job to have right now is one where you help out unemployeed people

Bob