RCU Forums - View Single Post - OPINION which is more durable Savage 4.6 or MGT 4.6?
Old 02-21-2009, 12:28 AM
twomanytoys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OPINION which is more durable Savage 4.6 or MGT 4.6?

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

I have just about every name brand truck out and can honestly say that the Savage is not the toughest. It has its weak points just like all other trucks but these weak points are the most important part of the truck. It dont matter how tough the truck is if you cant keep the diffs together. Now that you stated that the Savage DOES have weak diffs backs up my statement. Yes the Savage is known to be the best basher and a really tough truck but you can at least point out the weak points so others are informed waht they might be getting into. SavageJim I respect your opinion. You have been here a long time as I also have been and I have taken alot of advise from your posts. Most of us are not going to agree on everything other say. This is just one of those times. Sorry if I offended you. I did not mean to come off that way.
Look, everyone knows the Savage too has its weak points.
I'll be honest with you, at first, I didnt appreciate your tone of this and your other post. But since you apologized for what could be taken as offensive, I understand. Just ease up on your tone, you were coming off like you were talking hard, thats all.

I am not lying, I hold this opinion in favor for the Savage, and because it is my favourite truck, of course I speak from a biased opnion. But I do recognize the strong points of other trucks too.

These are some of my beefs I have with the Savage also, so my bias is tempered. I recognize that it has its own faults as I have personally experienced them too. I already admitted and agreed with you the Savage diffs are not made with the best metals for the bashing task. And the Savage reverse module? I would not touch that with a 10ft pole especially with today's higher torque engines. I also dont like the fact that the Savage only has one brake set when other trucks have two (some Cenchain Nemesis/Geneses trucks have two, the Revo can mount two). The plastic fomula that HPI started using for Savage X series is not as durable as the non-X Savage plastics. I personally do not like the HPI TF radios and SF servos. But that is a bias I have from using higher grade radios. I dont like the Kingstar-Nitrostar engines much either, but again, that is a bias from running more powerful aftermarket engines.

Aside from some of the criticisms I have of the Savage, I still like it despite its shortfalls. And I am not trying to hide the fact that I am biased for the Savage.
I honestly did not mean to come off hard. Thank you for being honest. Thats what I was looking for. I also love my Savages out of all of my trucks but when someone asks about a truck I will tell them why I like it and its weak points. You and I may know its downfalls but alot of guys come here do not. People need to know what to look for when looking for a truck.