RCU Forums - View Single Post - New AMA class racer Indoor pylon
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Arch Adamisin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New AMA class racer Indoor pylon

We're going to try to cut some kits, we're just now trying to gather the materials necessary to make a short run of maybe about 2 dozen to see if there might be enough interest in making a larger run.
The decorations are just markers, we tried to do something that was light and quick just so they weren't just plain white.We needed to be able to differentiate between them in a multi plane race.
We're going to try to demo them at the ETOC, during the open flying session @ the Toledo show in April as well as have some kits availale. The next iteration of the design is being built as I type, minor changes based on the flight testing we're doing right now. We'd really like to be able to take more weight out of the wing and that is a major point of focus. The wings we're using are solid 2# foam and weigh almost 30 grams, I'd like to cut that in half with a hollow wing and that's were we're working right now. We're also working to simplify the control actuation and hinging. What we have works, I'm just not sure it's the best we can do.

Arch